Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Ride Log: Murdock Loop

Tuesday morning ride number two. Today I went south on Highway 50, along with about forty dumptruck + trailer rigs and tons of cars. Highway 50 is a busy road during the week, and to make matters worse, construction near Springfield eliminates the shoulder in spots. Fun!! Y'all watch yourselves...traffic + construction = sketchy! I stayed on Hwy 50 to Highway 1, where I turned west, toward Murdock. Riding shoulder-less roads is always a nervewracking experience for me. Having a semi tanker truck come within two feet of me on a shoulder-less road nearly caused me to piss myself. Uhg! On the east side of Murdock is 310th Street, I turned north on this quiet road, which ends at Round the Bend Steakhouse, near South Bend. I dropped into South Bend and climbed the beast of a hill out of the valley. As a side note, I think the climb out of South Bend, toward Platte River State Park, could be rated as a local Cat 1, maybe Cat 2, but thats another discussion. Then it was back to town on Hwy 50, and more dumptrucks and construction. Another fine route, with lots of hills....of course!

Mileage: 58.25 miles

The Route: Home > Chalco Hills Hwy 370 Parking Lot > Hwy 370 East > Hwy 50 South > Hwy 1 West > 310th St North > Hwy 66 East > Hwy 50 North > Hwy 370 West > Chalco Hills Parking Lot. (Mileage is starting from home, but if you're planning a group ride, Chalco Hills parking lot off of Hwy 370 is a perfect place to meet)

Towns: Springfield, Louisville, Murdock, South Bend

Notable Climbs: Hwy 50 South out of Louisville, Hwy 66 toward Platte out of South Bend. Many small climbs the entire way.

0 Back Atchas:

Post a Comment

<< Home