Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Ride Log: Platte River State Park Road Loop

My first Tuesday off. Skinny tire ride time! I've been looking forward to doing a long road ride and I've had this road route on my mind for a while.

Route: Home > Hwy 370 from Chalco Hills to Gretna > South on Hwy 31 to Hwy 6 > West on Hwy 6 to Ashland > South 7th/W Park Hwy/Agnew Rd toward Mahoney State Park > Southbend > Platte River State Park > North on Hwy 50 > Home.

Mileage: 52 miles

This is a fun route with nice shoulders the entire way. BUT, don't ride this route for a while unless you're willing to ride on dirt and deal with construction! The road from Ashland to I-80 (W Park Hwy/Agnew Rd) is under construction. Luckily, I made it through. The road is open to local traffic, so if you're willing to ride on dirt for a couple of miles, go for it. I had to walk the last few hundred yards, where the road crews are actually working. Its probably hassle-free on Sundays though. I'd say this route might be more difficult if ridden in reverse direction, Hwy 50 South > Platte > etc.

0 Back Atchas:

Post a Comment

<< Home